I am 23 but feel I am a hundred years old.
I do not see a bright future for me. I have left all
ambitions and I have good reason to do so. So far in my life only few things
have truly made me happy. When I ponder on what those things are, they are pretty
naïve,
I feel happy being around my family, which makes me feel comfortable.
I feel happy playing video games coupled with awesome music
on my headphones. It is really a whole
new world I enjoy exploring.
Now if that’s not available which is the case most times I am
happy to cuddle up with a book and get immersed in it.
And I love watching television.
Now these are something that is not very difficult to achieve.
As a matter of fact almost all of them were available to me all the time ever
since childhood. When I can achieve happiness with such simple things why do I need
to strive harder for name, fame or money.
And so I have given up on all ambitions because I already
have what I want. This may seem a teenager kind of statement but it is one of
my greatest realizations.
On the flip side I do worry about living up to my parent’s expectations,
the true reality of life and other bigger questions but truth if even if I become
a world renowned person with all riches and all, these simple things will
remain as the sole source of pleasure for me.
You see when we try to achieve everything it’s a never ending
run so it is really necessary to learn on how to let go. I see other people and
wish I were them but that doesn’t happen. When I embrace my life only then I am
happy.
Maybe twenty years down the line I might be an underachiever but
I know that I would still be happy.
Life is all about being happy so why take a toll on me and do
things that I really do not like doing. Makes no sense, but let me just warn
you that this is a social world and if you ending up thinking just about you
then better remain single. It is too hard to find one mate who is exactly same
as you and find pleasure doing the same things that you do and most of all just
be with you.
Good thing is most people learn on how to adjust, so there
are chances that you might as well find your match.
The bottom line is happiness is not difficult to find, all
you have to do is shun envy, value what you have and most of all thank God for
his grace. If someone doesn’t believe in God still there is no harm in thanking
someone else maybe the one who you value most in life.
As for me I feel God’s presence in my life. I personally piss
off a lot of people still even if I get an iota of happiness despite my
wrongdoings, that isn’t something I have earned but has been bestowed upon me
by the almighty.
No comments:
Post a Comment